Black-American Familial Connections in Congress
A historical list of black Representatives (no Black-American Senators have been related to another Member of Congress) who had a family member who served in the House.
Members Whose Children and Grandchildren Have Served in Congress
- William Lacy Clay, Jr., of Missouri (2001–Present), son of William Lacy Clay, Sr., of Missouri (1969–2001)
- Harold Eugene Ford, Jr., of Tennessee (1997–2007), son of Harold Eugene Ford, Sr., of Tennessee (1975–1997)
- Kendrick B. Meek of Florida, (2003–2011), son of Carrie P. Meek of Florida (1993–2003)
- André Carson of Indiana, (2008–present), grandson of Julia Carson of Indiana (1997–2007)
- Donald Payne, Jr., of New Jersey (2012–present), son of Donald Milford Payne of New Jersey (1989–2012)
Widows Who Have Succeeded Their Late Husbands
- Cardiss Collins of Illinois (1973–1997), wife of George Washington Collins of Illinois (1970–1972)
Miscellaneous Familial Connections
- Henry Plummer Cheatham of North Carolina (1889–1893), and George Henry White of North Carolina (1897–1901) were brothers-in-law.
- George Washington Murray of South Carolina (1893–1895), and James Enos Clyburn of South Carolina (1993–Present) were distant relatives.