George Graham’s portrait was given to the Judiciary Committee as a gift in 1950, nearly 20 years after the Chairman’s death. Painted in 1917 by artist Richard Partington, it is typical of the period, depicting the dignified gentleman in three-quarter length, with pince-nez in one hand, the other hand casually in his pocket. The plain, dark background contrasts with the strong light illuminating the sitter’s face, emphasizing Graham’s world-weary expression.
History, Art & Archives, U.S. House of Representatives, “George Scott Graham,” https://history.house.gov/Collection/Listing/2002/2002-012-004/ (July 05, 2022)
Office of the Historian
Office of Art and Archives
Attic, Thomas Jefferson Building
Washington, D.C. 20515