The House Restaurant—now the Members’ Dining Room— used this decoratively designed paper menu in 1935. An image of the Capitol tops the architectural frame on its cover. Offerings ranged from plate luncheons of fried flounder or veal cutlets for $.60 or cold lobster for $.75. Simpler meals were also available, including dishes like chicken salad sandwiches, à la carte clams, or cheeses. Beer—but not liquor—could be had for $.20 a glass.